SIGOS Privacy Statement
This website (hereinafter the “website“) is provided by SIGOS LLC (hereinafter “us” or “we”). If you want further information regarding the provider of this website, please refer to our imprint.
- Handling of personal data
As SIGOS we wish to provide you with information on how we handle your personal data when you use our website or other SIGOS web-based services. Unless otherwise indicated, the legal basis for handling of your personal data results from that such handling is required to make available the functionalities of the website requested by you (Art. 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation).
- Inventory data:
(1) Your personal data, insofar as these are necessary for this contractual relationship (inventory data) in terms of its establishment, organization of content and modifications, are used exclusively for fulfilling the contract. For goods to be delivered, for instance, your name and address must be relayed to the supplier of the goods.
(2) Without your explicit consent or a legal basis, your personal data are not passed on to third parties outside the scope of fulfilling this contract. After completion of the contract, your data are blocked against further use. After expiry of deadlines as per tax-related and commercial regulations, these data are deleted unless you have expressly consented to their further use.
- Credit check
If we provide performances in advance, e.g. in case of payment on invoice, we might have to obtain information about your creditworthiness from other companies: For this, we forward your personal details (e.g. name and address) to this company. Mathematical and statistical techniques are used to assess the risk of payment defaults. We make conclusion of the purchase contract dependent on the results of the credit check.
- Accessing our website
When you call up our website or other web-based services, your browser will transfer certain data to our web server. This is done for technical reasons and required to make available to you the requested information. To facilitate your access to the website, the following data are collected, briefly stored and used:
- Date and time of access
- IP address
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific site)
- Status of access/HTTP status code
- Transferred volume of data
- Website requesting access
- Browser, language settings, version of browser software operating system and surface
- Information from cookies set during previous sessions
Moreover, to protect our legitimate interests, we will store such data for a limited period of time in order to be able to initiate a tracking of personal data in the event of actual or attempted unauthorized access to our servers (Art. 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation).
- Setting of cookies
- What are cookies?
This website uses so-called “cookies”. Cookies are small text files stored in the memory of your computer or device used via your browser. They store certain information (e.g. your preferred language or site settings) which your browser may (depending on the cookie lifespan) retransmits to SIGOS upon your next visit to our website.
- What cookies do we use?
We differentiate between two categories of cookies: (1) functional cookies, without which the functionality of our website would be reduced, and (2) optional cookies used for website analysis and marketing purposes.
- Web analysis with Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”) a randomly generated ID assign to your device, enabling us to recognize your device upon your next access.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “anonymizeIP()”, IP addresses being truncated before further processing in order to rule out direct associations to persons.
- Subject to your consent
We only use optional cookies if we have obtained your prior consent (Art. 6(1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation). Upon your first access to our website, a banner will appear, asking you to give us your consent to the setting of optional cookies. If your consent is given, we will place a cookie on your computer and the banner will not appear again as long as the cookie is active. After expiration of the cookie’s lifespan, or if you actively delete the cookie, the banner will reappear upon your next visit to our website and again ask for your consent.
- Future use the following different types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies which are needed for our websites, applications or services to function properly, for example, these cookies allow you to access secure areas of our website or to remember what you have put into your shopping basket.
- Performance cookies and analytics technologies
These cookies collect information about how visitors and users use our websites, applications and services, for instance which functionality visitors use most often, and if they get error messages from areas of the websites, applications or services. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor or user. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve how our website, applications and services work.
- Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operators’ permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
- Web beacons and parameter tracking
- IP Address and traffic data
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our servers, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device information, the website that you visited before ours and the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site, application and service statistics such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
- Social plug-ins from Facebook:
- Social plug-ins from Twitter:
- Social plug-ins from LinkedIn:
- Plug-ins from Google+, Pinterest, YouTube and others:
The SIGOS website is or might use in the future functions such as “Pin It” of the social media network “Pinterest”, which is operated by the Pinterest, Inc., 808 Brannan St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
Plug-ins operated by the social network “Google+”. These programs are exclusively operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, (“Google”). The plugin is made clearly visible on our website through the add-on “+1” on white or colored background.
When clicking on named plugin, your browser will establish a direct link with the servers operated by Google+; as a result, the content of the plugin will be transferred to your browser and embedded in the website being shown. The fact that you have visited our website will be passed on to Google amongst other information.
Plug-ins from other solutions, functions and social media networks, the use of such and how to configure privacy settings can be found of each respective page. This includes content portals such as YouTube or other: https://www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_guidelines
- How to prevent the setting of cookies
- Use of contact forms
You can contact us directly via the contact forms available on our website by providing the following information:
- Name, surname and title
- Contact data (e.g. e-mail address, phone number)
We collect, process and use the information provided by you via the contact forms exclusively for the processing of your specific request.
- Subscription to our newsletter
On our website, you can subscribe to receive our newsletter. By doing so you can select what kind of news you are interested in to receive on a regular basis. Based on your prior consent, we will collect and use your e-mail address for providing you with the newsletter (Art. 6(1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation).
- Name and surname
- Business contact information such as company name, address and job title
- City, Country
- Subject(s) of interest
For subscription to our newsletter we use a double opt-in method. After you have subscribed to the newsletter on our website or other web services, we will send you a message to the indicated e-mail address asking for your confirmation. If you do not confirm your subscription, your subscription will automatically be deleted. To prevent any misuse of your personal data, we will log your subscription and confirmation, filing the IP address you use when subscribing, the time of your subscription and confirmation, the messages sent by us regarding your subscription, and the wording of your subscription and confirmation.
You may at any time with future effect revoke your consent to receive our newsletter. To declare that you wish to unsubscribe or change your area of interest, you may use the respective links included in all newsletters or refer to the contacts indicated below.
- External services or content on our website
We include third-party services and/or content on our website. When you use such third-party services or when third-party content is displayed, communication data are exchanged between you and the respective provider for technical reasons.
The respective provider of the services or content may also process your data for own additional purposes. To the best of our knowledge, we have configured the services and content of providers known to process data for own purposes in such a way that either any communication for other purposes than to present their services or content on our website is blocked, or communication only takes place once you have actively opted to use the respective service. However, since we have no control over data collected and processed by third parties, we are not in a position to provide binding information regarding the scope and purpose of such processing of your data.
For further information regarding the scope and purpose of such collection and processing of your data, please consult the privacy statements of the providers whose services and/or content we include and who are responsible for the protection of your data in this context.
- Use of Publication Order
On our website, you may order/subscribe many of our publications. Based on your prior consent, we will collect and use the address details you indicate for providing you with the publication:
- Title, first and last name
- Business Address (Street, Post code, Town or City, State/Province, Country)
- Company name, function and department
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Customer and user Surveys
- Transfer of data for commissioned processing
For the processing of your data we will to some extent use specialized service contractors. Such service contractors are carefully selected and regularly monitored by us. Based on respective data processor agreements, they will only process personal data upon our instruction and strictly in accordance with our directives.
- Processing of data outside the European Union
Your data will in part also be processed in countries outside the European Union (“EU”) or European Economic Area (“EEA”), which may have a lower data protection level than European countries. In such cases, we will ensure that a sufficient level of protection is provided for your data.
- Information regarding your rights
The following rights are in general available to you according to applicable data privacy laws:
- Right of information about your personal data stored by us;
- Right to request the correction, deletion or restricted processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to a processing for reasons of our own legitimate interest, public interest, or profiling, unless we are able to proof that compelling, warranted reasons superseding your interests, rights and freedom exist, or that such processing is done for purposes of the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to file a complaint with a data protection authority;
- You may at any time with future effect revoke your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data. For further information please refer to the chapters above describing the processing of data based on your consent.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please address your request to the contact form or to our company data protection office indicated below.
- Contact & Disclosure
For any questions you may have with respect to data privacy, please use the provided contact form or contact our company data protection officer at the following address. According to the Federal Data Protection Act, you have a right to free-of-charge information about your stored data, and possibly entitlement to correction, blocking or deletion of such data. Inquiries can be directed to the following e-mail addresses:
- Amendment of Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. Updates of our Privacy Statement will be published on our website. Any amendments become effective upon publication on our website. We therefore recommend that you regularly visit the site to keep yourself informed on possible updates.
sigos.com and appexperience.sigos.com are provided by:
1700 S. Amphlett Blvd.
San Mateo, CA-94402
Commercial Registry: Nuremberg, Register number: HRB 9323
VAT-ID: DE 133554737
John van Siclen
Liable for contents acc. To German § 6 Interstate Agreement on Media Services:
Last updated: 11 April 2018